Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Assurance of Victory from the Perspective of a Sheep

While studying one verse and facing the challenges of life, the reality of knowing that I cannot make it on my own is evident.  Common to man; that is me.  I will be tempted but I will have a way out.  Not because I made a way but because God made a way for me
Reading this verse challenged me to break down the words and meaning.  Temptation: my quality, what I think about, how I behave myself ~ all are open books.  I am on trial: my fidelity, integrity, virtue, consistency.  Temptation is a test of my character and faith.  I am not alone.  God is capable, strong, powerful ... and I am human.
Using a Study Bible is a great tool and has challenged me to dig deeper.  Maybe not even dig deeper but to spend more time and value the steps that open myself up and consider what this means for me.  Reading 2 Peter 2:9 and 2 Timothy 2:22 are great encouragements.
The purpose, the plan, and the prize ~ why we don't give up.  Reading these verses and considering the overall training of life and choices towards understanding what it means to live life following Christ, for me, creates clear perspective.  Not clarity but clear perspective.  Jesus can be my filter with life's situations.  The relationship that ensues is an offering that requires faith and action.
There is strong encouragement when we are tempted.  I have observed myself and others going through tough situations that caused me to seek out encouragement.  The Bible does this!  Also, through Jesus, we have victory.
The shepherds transitioned through a very life changing experience and witnessed the birth of Jesus and the announcement of his birth.  The same challenge that was given to them is one that we can embrace as, well.  Luke 2:8-20 relays the story of their experience.  Therefore, that places us, that places me, in a constant crisis of belief that requires faith and action.  This is always true because Jesus is always at work around me.

No comments: